Sunday 22 April 2012

Cabot Circus Fashion Show. Spring/Summer 2012

I cannot believe I'm actually sitting here blogging live from the shows here at Cabot Circus, the 'it' place for shopping in Bristol. Excited much? After assisting photographer Andre Regini with the catwalk shots yesterday, today is the day I get to take control!

First out, a gorgeously feminine collection from Warehouse. With pastel nudes and a splash of metallic and royal blue, it seems getting your legs out for summer is the way forward - I guess it's time for me to actually hit the gym rather than just saying I will....


The catwalks have actually been quite up-beat and choreographed which I wasn't expecting, yet it works so well and adds a little something special to the show. Personal fav from Warehouse? Has to be the metallic shorts. Definitely added to the wish list.

Next up was Fred Perry, who stocked up on the preppy chic in the best way possible - shorts with cardis, wayfarers and the classic polo. Can't go wrong there. For the lads, blue suede brogues were a definite colour pop.





Then the pace picked up with a workout inspired slot from Republic. With comfy casuals, bold colours, print and stripe they have captured all the latest trends in one hit. And once again it seems its all about the shorts to let those pins see the sunshine. (If we ever get any that is...)


The show then went on to the sexier Jane Norman, with slinky body-cons and bold prints. I'm not a major fan of the body-con as I haven't quite got the 'hollywood bod' just yet (oh but one day I will... I'm sure) but these fantastic models make them look effortlessly gorgeous. Jel.
Blue seems to be cropping up a lot this season too... Might have to add a tad more to the wardrobe.


Did I mention how amazing the shoes are?!

Gant then brought back the oh-so-famous nautical trend, and did it oh-so-well I might add. I absolutely love this knot print blouse...



With a similar colour palette E-Spirit danced their way down the catwalk, again bringing in stripes and shorts with added denim for that extra edge. Nice.


Hobbs kept things classic and sophisticated with neutral colours paired with bold print, over sized bags. They too, following along with letting your legs out in more relaxed midi skirts in floaty fabrics - perfect for a picnic in the park?


I'm so glad coral is back in trend too. Big fan. Perfect for dressing up and dressing down, or even adding just a splash with coral lippy or shoes...

Joules then brought in the florals - we all knew they would pop up for Spring. The prints were beautiful and not too in your face which is good. Blazers added to bring some tailored sophistication in contrast to the floaty floral skirts. I like I'll be adopting that trend. Floaty skirts and sharp blazers. Spot on.


So... to finish off the show, Reiss gave us the uber classic white mixed with neutral mocha. Always a sure hit for Spring Summer as it can be so easily worn. Contrast with bright accessories if you wanted, or keep it simple and elegant by sticking to the monotone. You'll look like an angel I'm sure.

That's all from me... there are shows on the hour until 4 today, so if you're free pop on down. for more info see Cabot Circus on Facebook, or tweet them @CabotCircus

Happy shopping. x 

All images taken by me. Please credit if used.

No comments:

Post a Comment